Saturday, September 24, 2016

Anti-Ambush Weapons

Via comment by Anonymous on Black Trump Supporter, “Obama Planned the Charlott...

 

........for many years, I distinctly remember reading about an “Anti-Ambush” weapon used in Rhodesia and South Africa back in the 70’s.  I remember reading about it in SOF Magazine, but going through what back issues of their magazine I have available to me I couldn’t FIND the article.
 

Well, I’ve been searching and looking and bothering people about if they have any information about it, (Ian at Forgotten Weapons, Rock Island Arsenal Museum, and quite a few others) I probably made a pest of myself over this particular weapon.

Finally I was doing some reading about Rhodesian Anti-Mining vehicles and there in one of the articles was a picture of the Pookie, with weapon on the front bonnet.

The weapon in question was called “The Spider” and it’s various incarnations would have anywhere from 8 to 36, 12 gauge barrels which could be fired either remotely or from inside a vehicle with a handcrank.

No comments:

Post a Comment